Creating and Using Email Auto Responses
Using email auto responses not only keeps your colleagues, clients and suppliers in the loop with your own availability, it takes away the pressure of feeling as though you have to be available 24/7.
When you run your own business you may feel you need to be available on-demand but it's important to take time off, switch off and create boundaries so that when you are at work you are at your most productive.
Here's is a useful template for your out of office messages:
- Thank them for their email.
- Update them on your whereabouts and availability (see below for some examples) and confirm when they can expect to hear from you.
- Add an alternative contact name/email/telephone number if you have one.
Examples of Email Auto Responses:
Here are some examples that you can tailor to suit your circumstances. Keep it simple!
1. I’m <hosting an online webinar/speaking at an event/travelling/in a meeting> <today/this week> and therefore have limited access to my emails. I will get back to you <later on today/tomorrow/on my return>.
2. I’m offline <this morning/afternoon/today> so won’t have the opportunity to read and respond to your email until <this afternoon/later today/tomorrow>.
3. I will only be checking my emails between the hours of <XX and XX> today and will therefore get back to you as soon as I am back online.
4. I am on annual leave until <date> without access to my emails. I look forward to catching up with you on my return.
Are you worried about taking time off and having a well deserved holiday because you don't want your business to suffer in your absence? A Virtual Assistant can be on hand to look after areas of your business so that you can happily switch off. Feel free to get in touch if you would like to explore the options of working with a VA and discover the many benefits to you and your business!
Fast Lane VA Ltd
M: 07814 456740